Tuesday, April 20, 2010

D.C. Welcomes Olympians and Paralympians

The 2010 USA Olympic and Paralympic teams are in the nation's capital and will visit the White House tomorrow afternoon. This afternoon some of the athletes did some promotional events in D.C., including speed skater Shani Davis and member of the four-man bobsled team, Steve Holcomb. (Yes, I included links to their websites b/c they both have slick videos when you enter their sites.)

I had the pleasure of attending one of these promotional events this afternoon and here are my conclusions: Bobsleds are awesome, and the Vancouver medals are the coolest medals ever.





While it was cool to meet Holcomb and Davis, I'm still bummed because I missed meeting the Paralympic sled hockey team a couple weeks ago in Laurel, MD. The lucky Georgetown students got to meet my favorite medalist at a study break this afternoon. Yep, that's right - Quad City native Andy Yohe, the captain of Team USA Sled Hockey. The only thing better than a gold medal, is a gold medal won by someone from the Quad Cities. Go Team USA!!

1 comment: