Thursday, March 25, 2010

Kentucky's Center: Basketball is "not a spelling bee"

On the mismatch that is 1-seed Kentucky vs. 12-seed Cornell.

DeMarcus Cousins, the star Wildcat freshman big man, said the game would not be determined by “who can read the fastest.”

Cousins added: “We’re here to play basketball. It’s not a spelling bee.”

It's funny because Cornell is an Ivy-League school, and as we also all know, the Ivy League has dominated NCAA Division I Spelling Bee and Men's Speed Reading for the last several seasons.

Women's Spelling Bee has notably been dominated by Pac-10 schools since the 1995-96 season.

2 comments:

  1. I'm suddenly having second thoughts about picking Kentucky to go all the way on my Spelling Bee bracket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Kentucky is a solid pick, just to spell some of the names on the roster is a herculean effort!

    DeMarcus Cousins
    DeAndre Liggins
    Josh Harrelison

    Not to mention incoming freshmen

    Enes Kanter (from Turkey)
    Stacey (don't forget the e in my name b/c I'm not a girl or a party game) Poole.

    ReplyDelete