Thursday, March 25, 2010

Come on NJ, Lose Them For Us!


Good readers, it looks like we might be denied the chance to witness history by those "pesky" New Jersey Nets! By beating the Kings last night 93-79, the Nets ended an 8 game losing streak and are now 8-63.

Now this win makes me angry.  Do I care about the Kings? No.  Do I have a grudge against the Nets that makes me want to see them lose? No!  I am angry because the Nets are trying to make my trek with Beau to the Izod center meaningless.

We went not for a love of the Nets or for good basketball (the little kids playing at half time were better than the Wizards and the Nets), but rather to be part of history.  We went so that  one day we could tell our kids that we saw the worst team ever in the NBA!

So readers, if you are a true sports fan, a true lover of records and tradition, join hands with me, yell at your TV's and will the Nets to lose!

5 comments:

  1. "We went so that one day we could tell our kids that we saw the worst team ever in the NBA!"

    ---anyone else feel a little sad for Jason and Beau's offspring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah yeah... whatevs.

    We had awesome seats and saw Earl Boykins (currently the shortest player in the NBA) hit a game winner. It was that sort of humiliation that helped make the evening. If the Wizards only win one more game and the Nets tie or break the old Sixers' record, it will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your children will be as riveted to hear that story as I was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They will! All the elements of a great story, beer, basketball, skanky Jersey dancers......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just jealous cuz I'll have to tell your kids that I couldn't go on the road trip b/c I didn't have enough vacation time. Lame. Although I have been to the Prudential Center for a Caps/Devs game. Do they have Pentagon-level security at the Izod Center like they do at the Rock? It felt more like I was going to board an international flight than watch a hockey game.

    ReplyDelete