Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The King's Announcement

ESPN.com is reporting that LeBron James will announce his free agency decision Thursday night at 9 ET during a one-hour special on ESPN. 

Assuming that it takes, I don't know, 20 seconds for Lebron to make his announcement, what are they going to do with the rest of the hour?  Am I crazy, or did Lebron convince the "World Wide Leader in Sports" to provide him with a free hour long tribute. That is CRAZY.  

While it is easy to understand why ESPN would agree to air the "special" - in exchange for one hour of TV time on a slow summer Thursday, they are getting an exclusive on the biggest free agent announcement in sports history - do we as fans have to like it? Should we even watch it? 

Me, I know I shouldn't but I'm sure I will.  What can I say, I love the King!

What about you?

2 comments:

  1. I won't watch because I know he's announcing Cleveland :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Durant, Thunder agree on extension. Did Oka just win the free agent sweepstakes? 5 years $86 mm.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5360721

    ReplyDelete